Propane is a common fuel source that is used for a variety of services, including barbecues, heating, powering portable generators, and more. It provides a number of benefits over other alternative fuel sources, and is a viable option for homeowners in urban and rural areas alike. Knowing the advantages that propane gas as a fuel source, from places like Mills Fuel Service Inc, provides you and your family allows you to make an educated decision about its use in your home.
The Advantages of Propane Gas
- Cost: According to Blossman Gas, propane costs half the amount that electricity does to produce the same amount of energy, and propane gas fireplaces are 30 to 60 percent less expensive than wood burning ones. This means that heat sources that use propane will cost you less in terms of energy bills than comparable fuel sources. These savings can be quite significant over an extended period of time.
- Clean Burning: Propane burns very cleanly when compared to other types of natural gases, reducing very little in terms of greenhouse gases. Additionally, as it is shipped in pressurized, sealed containers, propane does not evaporate into the atmosphere. This means that propane is environmentally friendly when compared to other forms of dirty burning natural gases.
- Portable: As it is sealed in pressurized containers and won't break down over time, you can easily transport propane to where it is needed without worrying about losing your fuel source. Furthermore, the strength of the containers means that you can store your propane for a long period of time without worrying about evaporation. As long as the structural integrity of the propane container is maintained, you can access and use your fuel. Propane tanks are also very small when compared to other fuel sources, such as wood or natural gas.
- Efficiency: When compared to electric heating, propane heating works much quicker and at a lower energy cost, costing you less in the long run while still providing you with the service that you need. According to Southern States, propane powered tankless water heaters operate at up to 94% efficiency, which means very little lost energy and a constant stream of hot water as you need it.
- Safety: Propane tanks are extremely hard to puncture, and as a result are very safe to store. This is especially important in rural areas, where regular deliveries of propane tanks is not viable. It also makes the likelihood of accidents occurring very low, which is extremely important of a fuel source.